Smallworld Nursery Parents guidelines and information
Health & Safety
• Smallworld has a Child Protection Policy to protect and safeguard all children in our care from any form of abuse. It has a duty to report any suspicions of abuse to the local authority which has a duty to investigate such matters
• Strict compliance with up-to-date policies, procedures and risk assessments
• Fire practices are held on a regular basis
• Staff are trained in child protection and have regular refresher training.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE NURSERY?
• A named bag (not too large please)
• Suitable change of clothes (labelled with your child's name)
• 2 pair of shoes, one for Indoors and one for Outdoors, (labelled with your child's name)
• If your child requires daily medication, please speak to the nursery manager
• Sun Hat/Sun cream (summer months)
• Baby wipes will be provided by the nursery
• If your child is potty training please make sure you provide additional underwear
• Nappies will not be provided by the nursery
Please note the following points:
• All items of clothing/belongings need to be clearly named.
• Once a child has been collected from their room by a parent, the parent is completely responsible for their child. If a parent wishes to communicate with other parent or staff it will be the responsibility of the parent to monitor the child at all times.
• Parents should always be responsible for their child following them through the main entrance door when entering and leaving the nursery.
• Parents should be prepared to give information on entry about themselves and whom they are collecting as sometimes staff will not be able to recognise everyone.
• Newsletter should be read by parents as important information can sometimes be missed.
• Fees are payable by standing order in ADVANCE - MONTHLY fees at the beginning of each month. Please write your child's name in the reference column of standing order form.
• No personal toys, sweets or fizzy drinks are allowed on the site of the nursery.
• Nursery Hours are from 7:30am to 6.00 pm. If a child is collected after 6.00 pm additional charges will be made.
• Parents are required to update information immediately - eg. Change in telephone number, business extension, address (home or place of work), as we must be able to contact the parent / carer when necessary.
• Authorisation for collection of your child must be in writing. The person must be over 16 years of age and will be asked for identification.
• Details of your child's health are required on their return after illness - a member of the nursery staff may need to check with you and see your child before your child returns to the nursery.
Fees are subject to annual revision during August each year but may also be revised at other times by giving prior intimation.
Keyworker - Every child within Smallworld is assigned with a key worker who will be responsible for the child. This ensures personal attention to the needs and development of each individual child and family. This can make settling into the nursery much easier. In addition, the key worker is in a position to tailor the curriculum to the unique needs of each individual child.
Communication - We ensure that parents are given every opportunity to speak to the Key workers at the nursery. This enables us to provide full reports on the progress your child is making and answer any questions you may have.
Policies & Procedures - A set of nursery policies and procedures are on display in our reception area for parents to look through. Our policies are intended to act as guidelines for good practice and are in place to ensure the well being of the children. They are considered to be working documents and are subject to change in order to meet the demands of changing regulations, conditions and priorities.
Feedback - Parents receive a daily feedback which provides them and the key workers the opportunity to discuss their child's progress, needs and developments.
Photographs - Photographs are taken throughout the year to record children's developments and progress, which will go up on the walls in the playrooms then into the child's development file as evidence. Photographs may also be taken for the media during charity events etc. A Photographer will attend nursery once a year to take individual and group photos which can later be purchased by parents/guardians etc.
• Security - Smallworld has a secured entry door with only the manager and authorised staff to let parents in and out of the nursery. Guardians can ask to view their child at any time throughout the day.
• If someone else is picking up your child, you must inform a manager prior to the collection otherwise we will not be able to allow your child to leave until we have received clarification from the guardian. The person must be over 16 years of age and will be asked for identification.
• Illness - If a child falls ill whilst in our care, guardians will be contacted immediately to come and collect their child. In the event that we cannot contact a child's guardian we will then contact their emergency contact. If a child has suffered from vomiting or diarrhoea, they require a clear 48 hour period before they can return to nursery. If your child is going to be absent from nursery, we request that guardians contact the nursery at the earliest convenience and inform us. We also ask for details of the child's illness, to allow us to inform other guardians to be alert for signs or symptoms. If we do not receive any information within two days of a child being absent from nursery, the nursery will then contact the parents/guardians.
• Medicines - If your child requires medicine whilst at nursery, guardians will be required to complete a medication form each day. A qualified member of staff, will administer the medicine to your child.
Do you require more information?
Give us a call
For further information on any of our childcare services, please call us today using the telephone number at the top of this page or alternatively, please complete the form on our contact us page and a member of our friendly team will be happy to respond to your query.